Today I ran for Josh – and
obviously for Ella too.
His Mom is so brave. I ran with
her in my heart.
I haven’t run for so long. I’ve
done the odd walk recently, with the aim of picking it up and getting back to
running, which I so love to do. But I’ve battled to find the energy.
I woke up this morning thinking of Kara, knowing how she would be feeling to run a 21km but also aware of how she would be feeling doing it for her boy #halfmarathonforjosh.
I woke up this morning thinking of Kara, knowing how she would be feeling to run a 21km but also aware of how she would be feeling doing it for her boy #halfmarathonforjosh.
I would have liked to participate
in the actual event at Kyalami Equestrian Park, but choosing not to go near anything
horsey, I made the decision to do my own little run instead. So at about 3pm I put on my running shoes, plugged into my iPod, fished out the Garmin watch that I love to wear…and hit the road.
With music in my ears, my friend
in my heart, and our babies on my mind, I ran. Slowly. Forward. Just for 5km.
I didn’t know Josh. I wish I had.
I’ve heard so much about him.
I know that he and Ella are side by side, standing together, holding a trophy. I like to imagine them kicking back on fluffy white clouds, giggling at eachother’s
jokes. She’ll show him how to ride a unicorn and he’ll take her for a spin on
his bike. I know they are looking down on their mommies…sending us the love
and strength we need to get through each day without them.
So much love.
| Morning run...this was the last run Ellie and I did together. First run on our new route. We stopped at the top of the hill and snapped a selfie. No words can explain how much I miss this girl. |
| Same place. Different time. Different life. Different person. |
| ...and this sweet girl at home. |
![]() |
| Kara and her sweet girl. |
![]() |
| East London. March 2016. Two months after Ella's accident. |


No comments:
Post a Comment