The last year has been a big one for you. You had a great year at school - your last year at Wendy's Pre-school. You did so well in class and Teacher Katie just loved having you as one of her pupils - you're so well behaved, and you enjoy school so much. You received a brilliant report at the end of Grade R - but then Dad and I have always known you were clever so we weren't really surprised, but we were really proud.
This year, on 9 January, you started Gr 1 at Curro Aurora. You were so nervous but you're loving being there. You're learning to read, which is what you're most excited about. Last night you sat and read an entire first reader to me - it was one of your Dora books. I was amazed! You're swimming at school and playing tennis too, which is something else you're really excited about!
You're as beautiful as ever, with your long hair and big brown eyes. You're generous and caring and very sensitive. You love being around your friends. People are drawn to the softness of your soul. You're still unsure of yourself when in a new environment and you don't like change much, but I have no doubt that as you become more confident, and find your space in the world, that you will grow into the butterfly you're intended to be. You see, you're so worried about making mistakes, but I'm trying to teach you that it's ok to make mistakes, that you have to make mistakes in order to learn. You don't have to be perfect, no one is - and no one expects you to be. We just want to see you live, learn and have fun!
I have discovered that you have a shoe fetish (oh dear!). You just love shoes - the prettier or the cooler, the better! You still talk all the time - you even talk, and shout, in your sleep! You're a whiz on the computer - as well as on the LeapPad you were given for your birthday. You still love horses and long to be able to ride. You want to learn how to play the violin, which I hope will happen when Aurora opens their music centre. You love to sing and dance and draw, and you love sums too. You don't like being woken up in the mornings - you stick your head back under the covers, and pretend I'm not there! You procrastinate like no one I've ever met before - but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that you're always talking and so you lose focus on what you're supposed to be doing! Hunter is still your favourite little man. You have a cheeky smile that lights up your entire face, but you also have an evil stare that would wilt the flowers in the garden if you were to ever turn that stare on them!
You fill my heart with such joy Ella. I'm eager to grow and learn with you as you make your way through Gr 1, and I'm so excited for the life you have ahead of you.
I love you my honey bee
xoxo







No comments:
Post a Comment