I love the tiny feet of my daughters - they're soft, round and perfect. Those little feet have so far to go, so many kilometers to travel. As individuals, our girls have such amazing adventures to embark on and I will do my best to never hold them back, remembering always that their lives and loves are their own to discover. I will guide them as best as I can, I will love them with all of my heart and I will encourage them to be the people they want to be.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The professional swimmer



She stands ready. The 5 little boys she swims with each take their turn, diving into the water in their own unique way - some head first, some belly first. They're all doing their very best.

It's her turn. She lifts her arms into the dive position. Her teacher counts down. She dives - and for the first time she hasn't asked that I stand in front of her. She goes under the water, surfaces, turns around and starts to head back to the pole. She's got it! She wins the trophy and screams with pride and delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment